Caer Sidi

31 October 2006

Internet Cafes I Have Known

Here they are, complete with ratings!

Internet Cafe, Stokes Croft Bristol

Friendly guy and good lighting. Just a ten minute walk from the hotel and as it turns out, only a few metres from one of my old workplaces in Bristol! Good value at £1 an hour.


Backpackers Cafe, Glastonbury


Nasty seating and it times you (and charges you) by the minute! One small issue: there are delays of several seconds at the end of each sentence, adding on time to my bill! High cost at £2.50 per half hour and no USB or PS/2 ports.


Falafel Cafe, Glastonbury


Didn't get far with this. The ancient PC was running Linux and I crashed it as soon as I connected my USB drive (USB ports at the back of the CPU - hard to reach).


Cafe Galatea, Glastonbury


Cafe Galatea and I have a long and bloody history. The first day I was ever in Glastonbury in '95, just before I went up the Tor for the first time, I had some dinner here. It was a huge portion which I didn't finish and the owner got really upset with me and kept interogating me as to why I didn't finish the meal. Fast forward to '06 and I try to use their PC and get the same negative and dour vibe I used to get. Some things never change!


Anna and Simon's PC, Hillside Glastonbury


Anna kindly let me use her PC and let me burn my photos to CD. Charming hosts and no charges! :)


Internet Cafe, Baker Street London


I'm typing this at this cafe right now. Cheap service but home to the rudest human beings on the planet. I've only had grunts so far but hey - it's the PC I need!